The Board of the Agency was established in April 2004 and currently consists of 6 members as follows:
Mr Alistair Joynes (Chairman)
Mr Deane Morrice
He chaired the Steering Committee, which set up the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) Group in Northern Ireland and become its founder Chairman 1996/99. He played a leading part in ACCA, having been President of the Ulster Members Network 2002/04, President of ACCA Ireland 2007/08, the Northern Ireland Representative on the ACCA International Assembly 2006/08 and has been an ACCA Ambassador since 2009.
He was the Chair of the Charity Advisory Committee of the £30m Northern Ireland Central Investment Fund for Charities run by the Department of Social Development from 2010/2014 having served 6 years as a Committee Member 2004/2010.
He has been a Board member of Queen’s University Investment Committee since 1 January 2011 and plays his part in providing advice to the Planning and Finance Committee on the investment of the general University & Trust Funds. He is an independent member of the Audit Committee of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive having been appointed on 1 October 2011.
He has been a Board member of the Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA) since 27 July 2011 and is also Chair of the NIMDTA Audit Committee. His second term of appointment ends on 27 July 2017.
He was awarded the MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours for services to Local Government in Northern Ireland in June 2009.
Mr Lee Wilson
Mr Derek Maguire
He has previous experience as a Trainer in both Vocational Training and General Practice Training on several occasions.
As well as his roles in General Dental Practice he is a part-time Dental Advisor in the Health and Social Care Board and is currently Chairman of the Dental Committee.
Two positions on the Board are currently vacant
The Agency Board is supported by a number of sub-committees as shown in the diagram below:
The work of the Agency Board is delegated in line with the Schedules to its Standing Orders.
- Schedule 1 - Audit Committee (pdf)
- Schedule 2 - Remuneration Committee (pdf)
- Schedule 3 - Senior Management Committee (pdf)
- Schedule 4 - Governance and Risk Management Committee (pdf)
- Schedule 5 - Declaration of Interests and Register of Interests (pdf)
- Schedule 6 - Tendering and Contract Procedure (pdf)
- Schedule 7 - Matters Reserved for the Agency Board (pdf)
- Schedule 8 - Scheme of Delegation (pdf)
- Schedule 9 - Standing Financial Instructions (pdf)
- Standing Orders - NIMDTA Board (pdf)
Board Meeting Dates
The Board of the Agency will meet on the following dates:
- Thursday 23 February 2017
- Thursday 23 March 2017
- Thursday 27 April 2017
- Thursday 29 June 2017 (or Thursday 22 June 2017)
- Thursday 28 September 2017
- Thursday 30 November 2017
If you wish to attend, please contact Gillian Kerr (Committee Support) on 028 9040 0047.
A register of members interests is held, copies of which are available upon request.