The HR Team performs a range of key functions contributing to the work of the Agency.
These functions include:
- Supporting departments through recruitment activity into posts within the Agency or training schemes managed by the Agency to ensure compliance with legislation, policy and best practice guidelines;
- Provision of a payroll function for NIMDTA staff and trainees based within General Practice;
- Management of the centralised pre-employment health check scheme for all junior doctors and dentists;
- Co-ordination of AccessNI checks for all junior doctors and dentists recruited to training posts within the Northern Ireland Deanery;
- Sponsorship of trainee doctors and dentists under Tier 2 of the Points Based System;
- Developing protocols and policies to support changing legislation and adherence to good practice;
- Co-ordination of the appraisal system for staff within the Agency;
- Provision of an employee relations function.