Below are a number of common questions regarding appraisal for ST3’s.
When should I complete my GP ST3 appraisal?
When should I complete my next appraisal with NIMDTA?
Once you finish training and are fully registered on the performers list; your responsible officer will change to Dr Margaret O’Brien and your designated body DHSSPS. You can access these details using GMC Online.
Who can complete my GP ST3 appraisal?
What documentation must I complete prior to my appraisal?
- Form 1 – Detailing your basic details
- Form 2 – Current medical activities
- Form 3 – Material for appraisal
Click on the following link to access Forms 1 to 6 – Appraisal Forms
Please also print off the following probity and health declaration forms. Sign these during your appraisal
What documents need to be returned to NIMDTA following appraisal discussion?
- Form 3 (written by trainee)
- Form 4 (written by trainer and agreed by trainee)
- Form 4 Sign off (signed and dated by both trainee and trainer)
- PDP (written and agreed jointly by both trainee and trainer)
- Form 6 (signed and dated by both trainee and trainer)
How does appraisal differ from your final educational supervisors report?
What about revalidation?
At present, trainees revalidate at the point of eligibility for CCT and, if their GMC revalidation date does not align to this, revalidation has been deferred to CCT.
From April 2016, for trainees with a CCT date later than March 2018 or without a CCT date, the first revalidation recommendation will no longer automatically be linked with their CCT date.
This will occur 5 years after gaining full registration with a licence to practice. A further revalidation recommendation will take place at the point of eligibility for CCT. For trainees who complete the GP training programme, without interruption, first revalidation will take place at point of CCT as this is sooner than 5 years from obtaining full registration.
Some useful links for after your training
- The Northern Ireland Sessional Doctors’ Association (NISDA) can be contacted via their Facebook page
- Doctors for Doctors
- GP Appraisal and Revalidation: Sessional Doctors Information
If you have any queries regarding your appraisal please contact the GP appraisal team on firstname.lastname@example.org