Out of Hours (OOH) training is an important part of GP Training. A total of 108 hours are completed over 18 months in General Practice Training.
All trainees must complete Out of Hours training within their area group & with a registered Out of Hours Clinical Supervisor (see list).
Please see below for further information:
How many hours?
- In ST2 GP – a minimum of 36 hours must be completed
- In ST3 GP – a minimum of 72 hours must be completed
- Sessions should be completed throughout the placement (ie one per month)
What documents do I complete?
- Record of Session Form (ROS). Please submit this form to NIMDTA & upload a copy to the eportfolio / complete a learning log entry.
- Sample RoS Form
- A record of session form should be submitted to NIMDTA immediately after the session happens to ensure that your Clinical Supervisor receives payment.
- RoS forms must be received within 30 days of the session taking place. RoS forms received after this time may not be counted.
- All sessions should be completed, submitted and uploaded to ePortfolio prior to the ARCP Panel
- OOH Guidance
- Curriclum Map Baseline Needs Assessment Tool Record of Progression
List of approved Clinical Supervisors
- Where possible OOH experience and training will be supervised and conducted by a GP Trainee’s usual GP Trainer or, if this is not possible then clinical supervision in OOH training may be carried out by an accredited Clinical Supervisor (CS).
- Current OOH Clinical Supervisor List
Feedback / Queries
The Trainee Workbook & Guidance documents are currently under review, if you have any suggestions we would be grateful for your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org