NIMDTA, in cooperation with partner host organisations in Northern Ireland, launched a Clinical Leadership Fellows’ programme for the first time during the 2015-2016 training year. This programme provides senior doctors in training an opportunity to take time out of programme for 1 year to work in an apprenticeship model with senior leaders in host organisations in Northern Ireland to develop organisational and leadership skills.
Clinical Leadership Fellows undertake one or more specific projects in their host organisations under supervision, attend formal leadership training including mentoring and coaching, and be provided with opportunities to network and learn with healthcare colleagues.
2022/2023 ADEPT Programme
NIMDTA is delighted to announce the launch of the 2022/2023 ADEPT NI Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme.
The 2022/23 ADEPT Clinical Leadership Fellows Programme is launched in partnership with:
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Department of Health
- Encompass (HSCNI)
- Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- Western Health and Social Care Trust
The ADEPT programme is eligible to the following trainees:
- All Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate medical training programme who will be entering ST4 level or above in August 2022.
- All General Practice trainees in the Northern Ireland GP training programme who will be entering ST3 level in August 2022.
- All Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate dental training programme who will be entering ST3 level or above in August 2022.
Leadership Fellows will undertake one or more specific projects in their host organisation under supervision, attend leadership training and be provided with fantastic opportunities to network and learn with healthcare colleagues. During their fellowships, fellows will be working with senior leaders in host organisations in Northern Ireland in an apprenticeship model.
The scheme aims to provide Health and Social Care NI (HSCNI) doctors with the knowledge, skills and experience to offer leadership in their workplace and more widely in HSCNI whenever they complete training.
Leadership Fellows will be appointed through a competitive process involving submission of an application form, attendance at interview and delivery of a presentation. Please note, due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the recruitment application process may be subject to change.
Application forms and information about the projects are available below:
|Recruitment Opening||Thursday 27th January 2022|
|Recruitment Closing||Monday 21st February 2022 at 4.00 pm|
|Interviews||Tuesday 29th March 2022|
|Post Commencement and Induction||Wednesday 3rd August 2022|
For further details and information, please click here to view a recording of the ADEPT Open Evening held on 26 January 2022.
ADEPT Projects and Host Organisations
A list of all available ADEPT Projects, including promotional pitches can be located within the following document:
Any further queries can be directed to email@example.com
Meet the Fellows
ADEPT Clinical Fellow Stories
Trainee Perspective of NIMDTA Review of Training Programme - November 2016 261.47 KB 13 downloads...
4. Trainee Perspective of NIMDTA Review of Training Programme - November 2016 261.47 KB 15 downloads...
Leadership Development Programme
This Leadership Development Programme consists of induction, coaching, mentoring, insight visits, action learning set, leadership modules and a quality improvement project.
The leadership modules are shaped around themes in the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model: