NIMDTA, in cooperation with partner host organisations in Northern Ireland, launched a Clinical Leadership Fellows’ programme for the first time during the 2015-2016 training year. This programme provides senior doctors in training an opportunity to take time out of programme for 1 year to work in an apprenticeship model with senior leaders in host organisations in Northern Ireland to develop organisational and leadership skills.
Clinical Leadership Fellows undertake one or more specific projects in their host organisations under supervision, attend formal leadership training including mentoring and coaching, and be provided with opportunities to network and learn with healthcare colleagues.
2020/2021 ADEPT Programme
The ADEPT NI Clinical Leadership Fellowship Programme is launched in partnership with the following host organisations:
• Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
• Department of Health
• General Medical Council
• Health & Social Care Leadership Centre
• HSC QI
• Northern Health and Social Care Trust
• Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency
• Queen’s University Belfast
• Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority
• South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
• Southern Health and Social Care Trust
• Western Health and Social Care Trust
The recruitment information pack can be found below:
Places on ADEPT are open to the following NIMDTA trainees:
• Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate medical training programme who will be ST4 level or above in August 2020, with a minimum of 6 – 12 months WTE training remaining at August 2020.
• General Practice trainees in a Northern Ireland GP training programme who will have 6 – 18 months WTE training remaining at August 2020.
• Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate dental training programme who will have 6 – 18 months WTE training remaining at August 2020.
Please note that trainees are eligible to apply for all ADEPT projects, not just projects specific to their training programmes, unless otherwise stated.
Leadership Fellows will be appointed through a competitive process involving submission of an application form, attendance at interview and delivery of a presentation.
If you have any queries with regards to the recruitment process, the ADEPT Clinical Fellowship Programme or with any of the projects, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 17 February 2020 at 4.00 pm
Meet the Fellows
ADEPT Clinical Fellow Stories
2. Visit to the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh - October 2016 480.66 KB 8 downloads...
4. Trainee Perspective of NIMDTA Review of Training Programme - November 2016 261.47 KB 8 downloads...
Trainee Perspective of NIMDTA Review of Training Programme - November 2016 261.47 KB 6 downloads...
Leadership Development Programme
This Leadership Development Programme consists of induction, coaching, mentoring, insight visits, action learning set, leadership modules and a quality improvement project.
The leadership modules are shaped around themes in the NHS Healthcare Leadership Model: