How to apply for mentoring:
1. Review the mentor biographies on the website and chose up to three possible GP mentors
2. E-mail the mentoring team at email@example.com stating your wish to engage in mentoring and give the following details:
- GMC number,
- Contact details.
- Names of three preferred mentors
3. The mentoring team will acknowledge receipt of your application and may forward a link to an anonymous, confidential pre-mentoring wellbeing questionnaire.
4. If one of your preferred mentors has availability your email will be forwarded to them.
5. If your preferred mentors do not have availability you will be contacted by email with the name of an alternative available mentor and with your agreement your email will be forwarded to them
6. The mentor will contact you directly to arrange the first mentoring session at an agreed time and place
7. Further mentoring sessions will be agreed directly with the mentor.
8. Once the mentoring has been completed the mentoring team may contact you for confidential feedback about the scheme and with a link to a final confidential, anonymous wellbeing questionnaire.
All information from questionnaires will remain confidential and individual doctors will never be identified.
To find out more click the following links:
- [wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=2392 linktext=’The Northern Ireland GP Mentoring Scheme ‘ /]
- [wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=2394 linktext=’Meet the Mentors – Mentor Biographies’ /]