The MRCGP is made up of; workplace-based assessment (WPBA) which is recorded on an ePortfolio, the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) and the Applied Knowledge Test (AKT).
Each of these components is independent and addresses different competencies and skills, which would be expected of a GP Specialty Trainee but together they cover the curriculum for specialty training for general practice. To obtain a Certificate in Completion of Training (CCT) the trainee must satisfactorily complete all three components as well as doing a full 36 months in GP Training.
Useful links to the RCGP Website
Guidance on completing the eportfolio
- For information regarding WPBA minimum evidence requirements: full time training click on the following link (LINK) and scroll to the end of the page
- The ePortfolio Guide for Trainers and Supervisors
- Guidance for LTFT trainees
- Academy and COPMeD Reflective Practice Toolkit
Educational Supervisors Reports (ESR)
What are the ESR Deadlines?
- 23 January 2020 – ARCP Panel for those completing ST1 year and Aug 19 starts requiring ATCFs
ESR 2 – submission & ARCP dates for June 2020
ST1 and Out of Sync and OOP ST1s
- ESR 2 – 20/05/2020
- ARCP panel – 04/06/2020
ST2 and Out of Sync and OOP ST2s
- ESR 2 – 27/05/2020
- ARCP Panel – 11/06/2020
ST3 and Out of Sync and OOP ST3s
- ESR 2 – 03/06/2020
- ARCP Panel – 18/06/2020
A completed Enhanced Form R must be submitted by all ST1/ST2/Out of Sync and ST3 trainees by 8 May 2020. Failure to provide a fully completed Form R by this date will mean an adverse ARCP Outcome.