The scheme is designed to support GPs who have previously been in practice to return to practice in Northern Ireland and to induct GPs to the workforce in N Ireland. It is based on the existing GP training curriculum from the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP), and follows best practice in relation to ensuring patient safety. The educational provision is grounded in accordance with the nine GMC domains that also underpin the quality of speciality training.
Anyone who wishes to practice as a GP in N Ireland and who has not practised as such for 24 months, or has no previous general practice experience in the UK, will need to firstly apply to the Northern Ireland Performers List.
They will then be directed to the most appropriate process for their needs. This may be
- Recommendation for direct entry to the NIPMPL
- Consideration for entry to the I&R Scheme.
Documentation and Guidance
- GMC registration information
- PMPL registration information
- Link to information on MCQ
- Link to information on simulated surgery
- Contact in HSCB – firstname.lastname@example.org