We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the next GP Training ‘Learning and Teaching Programme’ for 2022/23.
The number of GP Trainees within Northern Ireland has increased, and whilst this is excellent news, it is important that there is a sufficient number of eligible GP Training Practices to help deliver the level of training required.
Why become a GP Trainer?
- Funding Opportunities for your Practice
- New peer-support network
- Better GP Retention opportunities for your Practice
- Enhanced reputation for your Practice
- Gain a different perspective on General Practice work
- Develop as a mentor and educator
What is the eligibility criterion?
To meet the eligibility criteria you must:
- be a Partner or salaried doctor in a GP Practice
- have adequate capacity within the Practice for training
- have been on Primary Medical Performer’s List in Northern Ireland for at least 2 years post certification
- have worked at least 4 sessions with another GP Trainer if based in a current training practice; or 5 or more sessions if based within a new training practice
- complete the NIMDTA Learning & Teaching (L&T) Programme and passed the Portfolio assessment within a suitable timeframe (see ‘Becoming a GP Trainer’ booklet for further info). To being L&T you must also have been on Primary Medical Performer’s List in Northern Ireland for at least 1 year post certification.
- have no current undertakings or conditions applied by the GMC or HSCB.
How do I apply?
Applications take just 5 minutes to complete online.
You will need:
- GMC Registration Number
- Practice Number/Code
- List of relevant qualifications
To begin your application click here
The closing date for applications is Friday 12 August 2022.
Further Information and support:
For full details on L&T courses and to view a list of frequently asked questions click here
Alternatively, please email any specific queries to: email@example.com