Are you a Foundation Trainee or a trainee new to NI commencing August 2021? If so, apply to become a mentee now!
The Professional Support Unit aims to provide best practice in supporting and developing postgraduate doctors and dentists in training within Northern Ireland. We understand that beginning new roles and relocating can be challenging, therefore we would like to support you by offering you the opportunity to be connected with a peer mentor. Your mentor would be a senior trainee, who could support you in the practical aspects of your training, as well as many other areas.
What are some potential benefits?
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Increase your social and professional confidence
- Become more empowered to make decisions
- Develop your communication, study and personal skills
- Develop strategies for dealing with both personal and professional issues
- Gain valuable insight into the next stage of your medical career
- Gain advice on relocating to NI and working in the HSCNI
Applications to become a mentee for the August 2021 scheme will open on Monday 5 July 2021. To register on the scheme, please click on the button below.