National Training Surveys
NIMDTA is required to ensure maximum participation in the Annual GMC National Training Survey (NTS). Trainees can also be asked to complete questionnaires and surveys by their respective Royal Colleges and Faculties, by Trainee organisations and by Specialty organisations. Trainers can be repeatedly sent questionnaires and surveys from Royal Colleges, Specialty Organisations, LEP, Commercial Companies and Universities.
To promote local trainee and trainer responses to the Annual GMC NTS and to reduce the risk of survey fatigue, QMG has decided that NIMDTA will normally only ask trainees to normally complete two surveys per year (the GMC Annual NTS and an end of year placement survey for NIMDTA).
QMG may also decide to survey trainees in response to concerns and will survey trainees before NIMDTA visits to LEPs. Trainers will be asked to complete the GMC National Trainer Survey.
Additional surveys which have not been initiated by QMG can only be sent to trainees via NIMDTA in exceptional circumstances and after a request with supporting evidence has been considered and approved by QMG.
Actions from NTS Survey
- Results will be made available to the LEPs and the Foundation, GP and Specialty Schools
- Results will be analysed by Schools and by LEP
- Results are fed into the NIMDTA Quality Management Issues Log and are scrutinised at QMG
- Findings from the NTS will be used as an information source by the NIMDTA Visit Teams and can be used for triangulation
- LEPs and Specialty Schools will be asked to respond to issues identified from the NTS which are not already being managed through QM/QC processes