Travel Page

Doctors & Dentists in Training may be eligible to claim travel expenses if you are required to travel as part of your job. You must discuss this with the Medical HR Team within your Host Organisation who will assess your eligibility under local policy. Approval from the relevant manager/budget holder within your Host Organisation will also be required in order to authorise the payment of any claim.

Trainees may be eligible to claim assistance for relocation expenses, that is the removal of personal belongings and effects, or removal expenses which involves the sale and purchase of a house. The relevant terms and conditions of service should be taken into account in determining eligibility for relocation or removal expenses, and further guidance is available from the Departmental Circular HSS Gen 1/2010 Regional guidance on relocation, removal and excess travel expenses for doctors in training.

Practitioners on rotational training programmes who are eligible to claim removal or relocation expenses but instead choose to travel the greater distance to a new rotation may be eligible for excess mileage expenses in lieu of re-location.

Related Pages