Basic Surgical Skills
Course Fee: £650
Course Director: Mr Gareth Kirk MPhil FRCS
This 3-day course is designed to provide an introduction to safe surgical practice within a controlled workshop environment. It covers:
- open surgery
- trauma and orthopaedics
- minimal access surgery
- intensive hands-on practice of basic skills
- individual tuition, with a maximum of 16 participants per course
- personal feedback on performance, with advice for further practice
- a detailed course manual and course video
The course will be made available to book through Intrepid Course Manager.
N.B. Attendance at a Basic Surgical Skills course is a requirement for all surgical trainees who take up their first surgical appointment in or after August 1996; it is also strongly recommended that the course be undertaken as early as possible in their basic training.
The course has been agreed on an intercollegiate basis and trainees who complete the course will be issued with certification that will be reciprocally recognised by all four Royal Surgical Colleges.
Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient Course (CCrISP)
- The next CCrISP course is scheduled for 30th & 31st May 2019 in The Education Centre at Altnagelvin Area Hospital. The cost of the course is £650. Please email email@example.com for further information.