'ADEPT' Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme
Welcome to the ADEPT Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme information pages.
If you are seeking to gain insight into what the ADEPT Fellowship Programme is all about, view which types of project work options are available and thinking of applying - then you have come to the right place!
About the 'ADEPT' Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme
NIMDTA, in cooperation with partner host organisations in Northern Ireland, launched a Clinical Leadership Fellows’ programme for the first time during the 2015-2016 training year.
The initiative was titled ADEPT (Achieve Develop Explore Programme for Trainees) Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme.
The Programme provides senior doctors in training an opportunity to take time out of their medical training for one year and work in an apprenticeship model with senior leaders in host organisations across Northern Ireland to develop organisational and leadership skills.
Fellows have been previously hosted in the following organisations:
- Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Department of Health Northern Ireland
- General Medical Council
- Health & Social Care Board
- Health & Social Care Encompass
- Health & Social Care Leadership Centre
- Health and Social Care Safety Forum
- Northern Health and Social Care Trust
- Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency
- Queen’s University Belfast
- Regulation & Quality Improvement Authority
- South Eastern Health and Social Care Trust
- Southern Health and Social Care Trust
- Western Health and Social Care Trust
Clinical Leadership Fellows undertake one or more specific projects in their host organisations under supervision, attend formal leadership training including mentoring and coaching, and be provided with opportunities to network and learn with healthcare colleagues.
2024/2025 ADEPT Programme Recruitment
NIMDTA is delighted to announce the launch of the 2024/2025 ADEPT NI Clinical Leadership Fellow Programme and is eligible to the following trainees:
- All Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate medical training programme who will be entering ST4 level or above in August 2024.
- All General Practice trainees in the Northern Ireland GP training programme who will be entering ST3 level in August 2024.
- All Specialty trainees in a Northern Ireland postgraduate dental training programme who will be entering ST3 level or above in August 2024.
Programme Content and Aims
Leadership Fellows will undertake one or more specific projects in their host organisation under supervision, attend leadership training and be provided with fantastic opportunities to network and learn with healthcare colleagues. During their fellowships, fellows will be working with senior leaders in host organisations in Northern Ireland in an apprenticeship model.
The scheme aims to provide Health and Social Care NI (HSCNI) doctors with the knowledge, skills and experience to offer leadership in their workplace and more widely in HSCNI whenever they complete training.
Leadership Fellows will be appointed through a competitive process involving submission of an application form, attendance at interview and delivery of a presentation.
|Friday 26th January 2024
|Monday 19th February 2024
|Thursday 21st March 2024
|Post Commencement and Induction
|Wednesday 7th August 2024
How to Apply
Application forms and information about the projects are available via the links below:
ADEPT Programme - Advice to Applicants and FAQ's
ADEPT Projects and Host Organisations
A list of all available ADEPT Projects, including promotional pitches can be located within the following document:
Meet the Fellows!
ADEPT Fellows, from previous, recent and current cohorts, provide insight into their projects, share experiences and benefits of the Programme.
Watch the videos below or view the list of booklets for further information:
- Meet The Fellows Booklet 2023-2024
- Meet The Fellows Booklet 2022-2023
- Meet The Fellows Booklet 2021-2022
- Meet The Fellows Booklet 2019-2020
- Meet The Fellows Booklet 2015 – 2019
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org