Harvard Medical School, The Royal College of Physicians of London, Imperial College London and University College London, announce the launch of the United Kingdom Clinical Research Training (UKCSRT) Program.
UKCSRT aims to provide intensive 6-month training in patient oriented research using an innovative model of blended learning. Top faculty from both the UK and US will teach in live in-person skills-acquisition-workshops, live interactive webinars, and pre-recorded online lectures.
UKCSRT represents a unique educational collaboration between elite UK and US institutions with the express purpose of providing high-level training in clinical research. The program is 6 months in duration, wholly based in the UK.
The program will consist of 2 skills-acquisition face-to-face workshops at the Royal College of Physicians of London, 50 pre-recorded lectures and 20 live webinars. Key dates are:
- October 1, 2014: Program launches – Registration begins
- December 31, 2014: Early registration deadline
- June 1, 2015: Program registration closes
- June 18–19, 2015: First workshop – program begins
- December 10–11, 2015: Second and final workshop – program ends.
Clinicians holding the MBBS or MBChB degrees and pursuing specialty training or consultants looking for a refresher in clinical research methodology are encouraged to apply. Admission will be on a rolling basis and competitive for a limited number of seats.
At the end of this training UKCSRT Scholars will be able to
- Build on a basic understanding of biostatistics and epidemiology.
- Learn how to write a research proposal
- Learn how to organize and write a manuscript
- Learn how to design and run a clinical trial
- Develop skills in interpreting evidence-based research